Supporting Portuguese-American relations
Call for Applications 2018
The American Club of Lisbon Awards were created in 1995 to support individuals working on projects aligned with its mission of promoting Portuguese-American relations at various levels, including business, economic, trade, educational, social and cultural ties, and its values of democracy, freedom and diversity.
The American Club of Lisbon Awards 2016 focus on bilateral Portugal-US relations, namely:
- Shared history and cultural tourism: American perspectives on the Aristides de Sousa Mendes story
- My American client: Promoting Portuguese goods and services in the US market, including tourist visits
Competition for the two awards, in the amount of EUR 2,500 each, is open to Applicants who are Portuguese citizens between the ages of 20-40, who must have completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate studies and be proficient in spoken and written English. Applicants must arrange their own visit itinerary in the US.
The award is to be used for travel and lodging expenses within the United States for a 2-4 week visit, and also includes round trip tickets between Portugal and the United States on flights operated by United Airlines, Inc.
Application procedure: Candidates are asked to submit a 2-page Application: one-page Proposal with a specific description of the project, accompanied by a one-page Curriculum Vitae of the Applicant. Applications are to be submitted by e-mail in English, with the words "ACL Awards 2016" in the subject line. Grantees are selected by the ACL Board of Directors on the recommendation of the ACL Awards Committee.
ACL Awards 2016 timeline:
- 28-Oct-2016 - Call for applications. Application forms available online at www.americancluboflisbon.com, or by e-mail.
- 14-Nov-2016 - Deadline for submission of applications by e-mail to email@example.com
- 30- Nov-2016 - Deadline for evaluation, selection and interviews in English, in person or by teleconference
- 10-Dec-2016 - Announcement of beneficiaries
- To be determined --Time limit for utilization of the Award; airline ticket reservations subject to availability.
- Three months after the study visit - Submission of a one-page report and/or presentation on "What I learned on my study visit to the US", and attendance at one of the ACL luncheons.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THE AMERICAN CLUB OF LISBON AWARDS ARE OFFERED WITH THE GENEROUS SUPPORT OF FLAD - LUSO-AMERICAN FOUNDATION AND WITH FLIGHTS OPERATED BY UNITED AIRLINES INC.